Here are a few of the things I did in 2012 to develop my testing skills:
- Traveled to Orcas Island in July for the first ever onsite Rapid Testing Intensive. I got to do some testing, learned a few things I’m applying today in my work, blogged a bit about the days and got to meet some testers from around the world.
- Joined the Association for Software Testing on June 1st!
- Through the AST I enrolled in the Black Box Software Testing Foundations class which I completed in December.
- Joined Stack Exchange, specifically SQA forums.
- Joined Miagi-Do school of testing as a Student in November.
- Read some good books and added dozens more to my Read List
- I need to finish a few books including Lean Startup, Code and An Introduction to General Systems Thinking.